Sunday, December 6, 2009

Gift Ideas for Eaters, Readers and Cooks (Updated)

Since I’m working on my Christmas shopping, I thought I’d offer up some ideas for food-related gift giving. Since everybody likes to eat, there is something for everyone on this list. I tried to include as many local sources as I could, but then I got carried away and ventured outside of the 512.


GADGETS & THINGS






Tefal Toast n Egg 
The newest toaster evolution, and it's awesome












Or, this Dualit 2-Slice Toaster, Petal Pink which isn't as cool as my green one, but it's on sale for $209










Rosendahl Opus Carafe - $36.95









Intelliscanner Bluetooth Wine Collector portable bar code scanner





If you don’t already own one of these, you really shouldn't be cooking at all. Oh, you know how I kid.







Gaggle of Geese Measuring Cups - $14.95   anthropologie.com








(because everyone needs a torch!)



Magnetic Artisan Salt and Spice Rack $60
uncommongoods.com







Blue Avocado - (Local!) The gro-pak™ - collapsible, reusable shopping system










 
FOOD

Greenling Gift Baskets
I know, gift baskets are so 1994, but Greenling is the coolest local food supplier with equally cool gift baskets. Greenling offers free local delivery of organic, locally grown meat, dairy, produce and even wine products. They have several gift basket themes including a chocolate overload sampler for $39.99

Sticky Toffee Pudding Company
Austin based owner and English native offers traditional British hot puddings. Call for pricing 472-0039 or email online@stickytoffeepuddingcompany.com

Gourmet Grocery Online (Austin based company)
Dinner of the month club for 3, 6 or 12 months from $199 to $749

Treaty Oak Rum
Local. Rum. Need I say more?

Company's Comin-Hearne TX
Quality mixes for casseroles, soups, dips and more. Great stocking stuffers.

Perry's Famous Pork Chops (2) - $34.95

Spice Trail - $35
A selection of four spices; great for holiday gifts. The basic set includes: Ras El Hanout, Exotic Blend, Garam Masala and Tagine.


BOOKS

No comments:

Post a Comment